Monday, May 25, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays #107


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser:


http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Jn7yU4IIL.jpg 


"Hana had become a teacher. Because of her--her suitcase and her story--thousands of Japanese children were learning about what George believed to be the most important values in the world: tolerance, respect, and compassion. "

Hana's Suitcase: A True Story by Karen Levine

This book came in from our Scholastic order and the bold cover grabbed my attention. I was able to read it in one sitting and I was left in tears. You can check out my review here



What is your teaser?

7 comments:

  1. Something tells me that this is an intense read. Especially since it left you in tears.

    Thanks for visiting my TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also an emotional person so that could have play a part. But it was a good and sad book.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a really interesting book. Read your review too. Thanks for posting this one. I'll have to check it out both for me and for the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you and your grandkids would like it. Thanks for checking out my review too!

      Delete
  3. Tolerance, respect and compassion are hard values to learn. Even harder to accept.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete