Sunday, October 28, 2012

Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Synopsis: It all comes down to this - a final faceoff between good and evil. You plan to pull out all the stops, but every time you solve one mystery, three more evolve. Do you stay the course you started, despite your lack of progress? Do you detour and follow a new lead that may not help? Do you listen to your instincts, or your friends?

Lord Voldemort is preparing for battle and so must Harry. With Ron and Hermione at his side, he's trying to hunt down Voldemort's Horcruxes, escape danger at every turn, and find a way to defeat evil once and for all. How does it all end?

My thoughts: What an ending! I began a fabulous adventure with Harry Potter and was not disappointed. This last book was for sure my favorite since it had me gripping the pages from the beginning.

Unlike the other books, death welcomes the reader and Harry does not go back to Hogwarts. Intead, war has begun and Harry must find the rest of the Horcruxes in order to destroy He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. So many things happen in this book that once you get halfway with it, it is hard to believe that it's ALL in the same book.

Gosh, I love all the characters and I was completely saddened about those that did not make it at the end. Even though I saw the movies before reading the books, I still shed some tears for the characters.

I must now consider myself a Potter fan. I give this book:


No comments:

Post a Comment